Friday, March 13, 2009

Now EVERYONE Can Bite Me Friday

Our very dear blog friend Braja, from Lost and Found in India has been in a serious car crash on her way to the airport in India to go to Bangkok and then on to New Zealand.

I feel more than just horrible because she was supposed to call me from the airport so I kept my phone on a leash and dragged it around all day and night, not knowing when the call would come through since India is next to Saturn in the Solar system.

When I didn't hear from her I thought, "She must have been running late." and "She'd better not have forgotten me!" I've never met her but I instinctively knew she's the type of person who keeps her word.

I've been to India and THEY ARE THE WORST DRIVERS. They make South Korean, French and Italian drivers look handicapped.

Please check here for links to the updates as she and her husband were both injured and he is in critical condition and the driver might lose his leg.

Please send prayers and light. She would do it for you.

16 comments:

  1. It is so amazing how many of us feel touched by Braja. I am sending all my best wishes for a speedy recovery for all involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:20 PM

    I am praying for Braja ,and the men also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How horrible. Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:37 PM

    that's just awful...how one second changes everything....it sounds as though they are both coming out of it alright though- hopefully they will continue their road to recovery on a positive note.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers and warm thoughts to her and the others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:35 PM

    I pray everyone will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Braja somehow has the ability to reach out to a phenomenal amount of people and make each and every person feel special. She's in our thoughts for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Braja is in my thoughts and I pray that she, and all involved, will recover quickly so that they may come to know the outpouring of love and support for them. What a terrible, terrible thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm with you. She sounds like a wonderful person (if you like her). I am thinking the best thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey- I just found your dog Henry.


    (saying prayers- keep me posted if Rama emails you again...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The denizens of Casa de Crazy will pause at noon, turn our eyes heavenward, and make the halls of the gods tremble with our will.

    I will shake my fists at the fates until they ravel Braja's threads back to their golden splendor, and I will not accept no as an answer.

    Shade and Sweetwater,
    K (who will remember to learn how to fly should she ever go to India, that she not have to ride/drive - if it's worse than Paris taxis, I want nothing to do with it.)(You know they're bad when they scare me, because really, I don't scare easily)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no that is horrible. I will be thinking of her and her hus and the driver and checking for updates.
    I haven't had a full cup of coffee yet today so therefore there are a lot of "ands"

    ReplyDelete
  13. I share your chagrin. Braja was going to call me too from the airport (I think she knew exactly how she was going to entertain herself as she waited for her flight) and when she didn't call, I assumed she got busy or forgot.

    I'm hoping for good news about her recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of my best friends is from Deli. She tells me that when you get in a cab you just hang on and pray.

    I'll be praying for Braja

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read about her somewhere else and was thinking you knew her. I'll be thinking good thoughts for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Left her a note. Thanks for telling us.

    ReplyDelete