Friday, June 05, 2009

It's Everybody Can Bite Me Friday!

I have 8 photo albums and 6 scrapbooks. Yesterday I started to look through them early in the morning, lost track of time and then realized it was 9 pm and I had nothing in the house to eat except Metamucil.

Apparently I find myself fascinating.

But since people commented on how thin I was in yesterday's picture with Pascal I spent 2 hours today looking for THIS photo. I had just discovered my boyfriend Matty in bed with my gay hairdresser and had stopped eating altogether. I was living in San Francisco and I flew home to D.C. to get away. My father walked right past me at the airport because he didn't recognize me.

Then he took my sister and I on a cruise to Bermuda to "help me forget" and I promptly had an affair with a cute blonde guy who wore Aramis. Needless to say he made an impression because whenever I smell it I think of him. I have no idea what his name was. Like you remember all your hookups' names. Don't even pretend you do. And IF you do, you've had a boring sex life. Trust me on that one. The beauty of this is you can't argue that you haven't!

I looked like this. Probably about 98 pounds. Even back then I dressed weirdly. That navy blue purse was an old lady one from a thrift shop, I have a bracelet up on my biceps, a tooth and Greek cross around my neck and tons of turquoise rings. I would kill to still have those sunglasses. And I was smoking a cigarette in that picture!! My whole goal in life was never to look like anyone else. I succeeded AND STILL GOT LAID.
When we got back home my Dad flew me to Paris so my mother could fatten me up with locamolé at Lake Heroin. And I slowly gained the weight back, especially after meeting Pascal.

Where is he now? He married a very rich girl. My mother said he would never marry me because we weren't rich enough. What's love got to do with it? Apparently nothing.

End of chat.

33 comments:

  1. Psh... men! You can't live with them and you can only fit one in the trunk.

    You look so cute in that pic. Who's the stalker behind you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord have mercy child. . . if a big wind had come along, you would have been overboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a gift............

    and apparently anorexia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a thrift shop purse?????

    We might be related after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good lord - I would have been begging people, in the name of all that's good, to give you a pork chop...please!!!

    Did you know there's a ghost in that pic? Creepy...

    Don't get me started on love...pft...

    Shade and Sweetwater,
    K (who may well have weighed 98 pounds in her life...but probably well before she hit double digits in years...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:24 AM

    A cruise, sex & Paris....what are you complaining about.

    Oh, sorry about your BF & hair dresser. I bet you hated to lose him, it's so hard to find someone who gives a good blow(out).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bet you're a shortie too, cause yo don't look all skin and bones at 98 lbs., just really thin.

    Love the thrift shop purse, although a bit "old lady-ie"; guess since I'm an old lady, I'd have to get one for teens, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry its hard to find a good hairdresser! BF are easier. Was this in the early 80's I recgonize your style! Too skinny! Eat something!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I certainly hope you stopped using that hairdresser! A couple of assholes, that's for sure, better off without both of them :).

    You look petite, glad you put the weight on, no man is worth that! BTW, what's with the bracelet up the arm, I only make ones for the wrist, maybe I'm just old fashioned, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whose tooth was that??? Aramis guy?

    ReplyDelete
  11. And Nicole Richie thinks she started the oversize sunglasses, waif thin look. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I dress weird too!

    Look at all your Vodka-laden followers!

    WOOOT!

    When she put my pic up I added ten more in one day or something.

    YAhoooooooooooooooOO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where's your slideshow??

    ReplyDelete
  14. That weird ghost in the background looks like a Dean Koontz book jacket. *shudders*

    I think you look cute - a little thin - but cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh You are so much more gorgeous now!
    Men are pigs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shit. I think I can remember all their names...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good job finding the picture of you at 98 pounds. Gosh, I wish I had those.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OHHH those glasses, I love them.
    I definately don't remember all my lovers names.Sometimes a song will trigger a memory, then I spend an hour trying to think of their name.
    I didn't notice the stalker, or ghost in the background until mentioned above. Freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm going to answer all the quesions I can remember. I'm 5'6", you're welcome for following you, I follow anyone who is kind enought to follow me, I know I could count on Heidi to forget her exexs names, Phil, you're a man among me (???) Ann, I'm going to slap you, the ghost is probably some voyeur, although I didn't see him either, I can't remember where the tooth came from, it wasn't human but an animal's, yes men are pigs and hairdressers are hard to find and Vodka Mom rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I made so many errors in that answer and that's because I haven't been out for coffee yet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. of course it'd be expecting too much for you to MAKE your own coffee? :P lol

    nah, one'd think you were a tad domesticated ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous11:14 AM

    Suzy,
    I am jealous, not because I haven't weighed 98 pounds since the 6th grade, but that your Dad took you on a cruise to get over the bad romance. If I had a breakup, my Dad's solution to "help me forget" would be either yard work or perhaps painting the kitchen and front hall.
    Aloha,
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now see I think you dressed cool. Of course this is the 19 year old who had her grandmother's 1950's suites altered and wore them and a pill box hat to work in the 1970's. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I should clarify that I was 19 way back in the 1970's and not that I'm 19 now. Although I sometimes forget that I'm not and try to act like I am. Man i just can not stay out all night drinking and dancing like I used to.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whoa - I was in seventh grade last I saw the other side of 100 pounds! You tell the best stories, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You make me wish I was gay.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are hot in every photo and Pascal? May I have two of those please?

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'd love to hang out at your place and look through photo albums. I'm willing to bet there are a lot of stories in there.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I find you fascinating, too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It gets difficult with ex lovers when you cant remember names or faces...well, it was a long time ago...honest

    ReplyDelete
  31. Men suck. Then again, that's one of the reasons I enjoy them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my God...you look great, but that stalker in the background is creeping me out!!!

    What the hell...that looks like a ghost or something.

    Wow...I am freakin just looking at him.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  33. Maybe I DO dress strange, but I would purchase every item you are wearing if given the chance. Great thing is, i HAVE some sunglasses like that- they are light orange and brown frames... and make me look like a mosquito... maybe i should send them to you!

    ReplyDelete