Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cirque Du Shoeleil # 3

These Ann Kleins are some of my favs. I used to wear them with some Armani Exchange pants that buttoned up the back leg, a Juicy Couture scarf, and a mid-leg camel coat. I was wearing all of that plus an angora hat when I picked up my mother at LAX one time. As I bent to kiss her she jumped back."Mom?"
"Oh my God, it's you? I thought you were a model!"

First off, what models does she know? And second off, that was the best compliment I ever got from her in my entire life and it wasn't even really intended for me. Because, you know, she didn't think it was me. Because of her raging narcissism she never mentioned that outfit again but did repeat year after year how fabulously dressed the Air France flight attendants thought she was.

End of chat.

10 comments:

  1. Your mom and mine must be sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Amy, sometimes I feel I'm the only one who didn't have a real mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only one pair today? I rush over here for my shoe fix and you cut my dose in half? Damn!

    FWIW, I have on a pair of shoes right now that look a lot like those Ann Kleins (which really ARE stylin'). I mean, they're closed-toe flats and a different shade of brown and are all the same color with white stitching ... OK, the shoes I have on now have a buckle sort of like those but it's the thought that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If they make you feel like that, keep them forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:38 AM

    The Air France flight attendants don't know shit. I was on their flight from Paris to Karachi in 1971, and all of a sudden we stopped in Athens. As we noted the left wing was on fire, the attendard said, "We have stopped for a technical check. Please enjoy the brie and Bordeaux during the delay." They used fire extinguishers, poured more wine, and then we left and arrived safely in Karachi. How I don't know. But I'm glad they thought your Mom looked great...
    Aloha,
    Martha Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. If your mother ever brings it up again, just remind her that flight attendants are trained to find something nice to say to everyone.
    ("Mr. Quasimodo - your hump is looking very symmetrical today.") Or just remind her that they complimented her clothes and didn't say a thing about her complexion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could reach in the photo a touch the coat. It looks so soft. I have a problem when I try and wear open back shoes, they always seem to fall off my feet. My mom always gives those passive aggressive type compliments, like, "you are doing so well, for someone who dropped out of highschool"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fuck the coat - that red chair is gorgeous... I'd kill Abeyta for that chair.

    Prinny xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:40 PM

    Why did you delete #2, the sassy de nims (joke) demi boot with the silver shot?

    Is this some kind of gay test?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't delete anything. I realized I put the wrong pic for # 3 and went back and substituted it, even though it was the same pair of shoes. All the original shoes are there.

    ReplyDelete