Monday, March 24, 2008

Cirque Du Shoeleil # 1

Men never understand why women need so many pairs of shoes. Shoes are to us what football is to them. Guys can watch three games back to back or four games on two screens and there's no point in trying to explain it to us. Men love football. We love shoes. So if you're unlucky enough to be trapped with a guy who says "You have enough shoes" try responding with "Well, then you've watched enough football." I've shut up two men with that line.

All this week I'm posting pictures of the shoes from my Cirque du Shoeleil™ collection. They're the ones I've missed the most while my ankle has been disintegrating. All of the circus toys pictured belonged to my dad when he was a boy.

This is a pair of Steve Maddens. They're grey suede with black leather. The cut-out on the top near the toe is a heart and it's surrounded by little silver beads, also found all over the black leather part of the shoe.

These are a pair of bebe's which are a little whorish. Not surprisingly, men really love them. Especially if I wear them while they're watching football.

End of chat.

16 comments:

  1. I'll definitely be using that line-thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH. Our love for shoes. My husband knows that well and has learned not to say "But you already have black shoes!"

    Those Steve Maddens are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. It's going to be a long week for your male readers, Suzy. Can you give us a week of football humor next week? (Please.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOoooooo ... shhhooooooes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:13 AM

    Those Steve Madden's look like naughty spectators for valentine's day.

    I hadn't really thought of you as the kind of gal that would want little hearts cut into dressy shoes. Hmmmm I have to evaluate this revelation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the snappy comeback for shoes. I hope I can remember it when football season rolls around.

    Those pink ones are certainly sassy looking. Damn! I wish I could still wear shoes like that for more than 15 minutes...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband, who thinks he's funny, likes to call me Imelda. I don't see the humor, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear all shoe freaks: We are family.

    Michael, you're on your own here.

    Daniel, I'm really only posting the fairly tame ones this week.

    Candy, you are my new BFF. Imelda? the NERVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:40 PM

    Suzy,
    It's difficult to determine without a foot in the shoe, but I love the heart cut-out. Does it provide a glimpse of "toe cleavage?" Always a glamorous addition to any footwear....
    Aloha,
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sadly, it's too high up for toe cleavage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sooo excited, a whole week of shoes! Since living in Vermont I haven't bought any really cute shoes, being that there is either snow or mud covering the ground at any given time. I have to change my shoes in the car if I wear nice ones.
    Now it gives me a thrill to buy new purses. My hus does ask me what reason could I have to NEED another bag. Now I have an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:25 AM

    If that football line was ever used on me, I'd respond with "Football games don't cost me $50 to $100 to watch."

    Also, I'd get a job at Payless. A Payless with an HDTV in the front.

    Poke

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:25 AM

    If that football line was ever used on me, I'd respond with "Football games don't cost me $50 to $100 to watch."

    Also, I'd get a job at Payless. A Payless with an HDTV in the front.

    Poke

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, I LOVE those pink ones! They're not whorish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:53 PM

    Going to try your line on my husband tonight.
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. แสนสนุกไม่มีโกง สล็อตออนไลน์
    live22 โบนัส 100
    https://www.slotxd.com/live22

    ReplyDelete