Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Junior Mints

Years ago I had surgery in Florida and my friend Gail came with me when I checked in. As I was chatting with the anesthesiologist, Gail told him not to accidentally kill me since I had been on TV. Frankly, I'm surprised that wasn't a reason to let me die but whatever. Gail told him I had been on Seinfeld and like most people, he immediately rattled off his favorite episodes.

I was recuperating in my room after the surgery and the anesthesiologist paid me a visit.
"Did the doctors talk to you yet?"
"No, why?"
"So no one told you what happened during surgery?"
"Uhhhhh, nooooooo."
"Oh, I see."
"Did something go wrong? Am I okay?"
"Well, I should let the doctors tell you this but.." he leaned in conspiratorially, "someone dropped some Junior Mints in you. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha."

Remember that thing you said when you were a kid? That's so funny I forgot to laugh. I mean seriously, what is wrong with people? Is it too late to sue that guy for pain and suffering? Although in all fairness, I should sue my family first. But he is so second on that list. I bought a box of them today and on what planet are people eating a few Junior Mints and saving the rest for later?

End of chat.

7 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! I am careful, however, when joking with patients at work.
    I don't eat Junior Mints anymore. I had an episode, when I was a kid, when I ate way way too many of them during Bambie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:14 PM

    The reason you are careful with your patients is because you are not a psycho.

    You tease the Junior Mints episode and then don't tell us what happened? I need to know. NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BWAH HA HA HAAAAAAAHHH! I am laughing so hard I'm crying!

    Okay, not really. I worry about the people who thinks that was something funny to do to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:26 PM

    Oh D2, this is why people love you. And if my readers are not reading Blogography, please start doing so immediately. You'll be as instantly addicted as I was.

    And he's cute! Jane? Are you there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I've referenced a few times in my own blog, Seinfeld has become ingrained in our culture and in our language. For you to have had a part in that must be a thrill at times and a burden at others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I puked all over the place! Happy now?

    ReplyDelete