Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Brian's Picture Of The Fire

I went upstairs to Brian and Natasha's to take some pictures of the hovering helicopters over the Griffith Park fire and they took me up to the roof to get a better view. This is one of the pictures Brian had taken earlier in the evening. (Brian took that great circular pic of the building we live in that I tried to link but couldn't. It's from Welcome To Uploadland, February 6)

Why are there so many fires so CLOSE TO WHERE I LIVE? Two in such a short period of time. I've lived here 15 years and there haven't been any. Real estate in our area being what it is, maybe they're trying to smoke us out so they can convert to condos.

End of fireside chat.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:48 PM

    No sh*t! Stay safe, Suz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How close is the fire to Brentwood area? I'm on the East Coast worried bout my peeps on the West Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:56 PM

    Don't worry, Brentwood is on the west side of town, we're on the east side, probably 40 minutes away by car. They're fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a dramatic picture! Things are very similar on this side of the continent as Georgia and Florida are fast becoming ashtrays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy shit girl! fires in california every year, then hurricanes on the east coast, tornadoes in the mid west, snowstorms in the north, earthquakes out west too. Is there a safe area? no fun at all

    ReplyDelete
  6. S-
    I know you're hot, but this is getting ridiculous. Glad you're ok.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeez! I heard about this on public radio today and thought of you immediately. (Because I hear "wildfire," and I think: "Suzy!") Anyway, I too am glad you're okay, but all of this burning business makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Again, glad you are OK.

    ReplyDelete