Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Not The One With Rock Hudson And Doris Day

When my sister Lindy first started modeling in New York she got a lot of different jobs. But when she booked her first cover shoot I was very proud of her even though I'd never heard of the magazine.

She called our Dad, who was living in Florida, and excitedly told him she had been chosen to do not one but two covers for a magazine called Pillow Talk. (not this one) She gave him the date the first one would hit newstands and then forgot all about it.

The day the magazine came out Lindy's agent called to tell her and she ran to the nearest kiosk. She came home and waved it in my face and said OH NO OH NO OH NO!!! I'd never seen her so excited.

But it wasn't exactly excitement.

It was more dread.

And fear.

Of the loss of her inheritance:
By the time she called Dad to say the magazine was NOT repeat NOT repeat NOT EVER coming out he had already bought it.

Thank God the next month they only used her body:


End of chat.

15 comments:

  1. I think that is just wrong, good sex does end with orgasm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's better than a magazine on S&M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was Dad's response?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe, surprisingly, Dad wasn't upset. He was just happy she was making a living and didn't need him to give her money.

    That distinction belonged to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sister's photos are hotter than the photos of the Glee girls in GQ. And unlike the Glee girls' photos, your sister's photos are actually tasteful, and not degrading to women.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, goodness...what about your mom's say in this????

    That would've been the response that struck fear in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:10 AM

    The photos are tasteful. She's fully clothed. And, with a body like that, why not show it off?

    Um... unless the photos depict one of my daughters. Neither of them better get any ideas about modelling...

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's really ME. She stole my body. damn her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:21 AM

    Thank you for sharing these long forgotten and lovely keepsakes with the world, Lindy must be thrilled.
    X David

    ReplyDelete
  10. i knew it... y're all a buncha PREVERTS! love it ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. maybe your dad was a subscriber

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone has to get their first break somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bwahahahahah. Epic fucking fail. Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you send me PDFs of that Oral Exercises article? I think we can turn that baby into a highly lucrative ebook. Also, I believe in fitness as a general life principle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see from your response here that your dad was pretty practical about this. As someone who has suggested that her pretty daughter consider using all those dancing skills on the kind of dancing that brings in money AND tips, I must say I see his point.

    ReplyDelete