Saturday, October 02, 2010

Fall In Love With This Guy

Since I began the Teeshirter Program, not to be confused with The Betty Ford Center Program, in March of 2010, I've been surprised by what readers send in for their month riding shotgun on my sidebar.

This month is no different.

David McGrievey, the extremely popular blogger from An Illustrated Life, or as I like to refer to him, That Guy Who Draws Stuff Without Photoshop Unlike Other Bloggers Who Shall Remain Nameless, took time out from his very busy schedule of bar-hopping in the east village and making fun of badly dressed people in Bloomingdale's to draw me this:

I hope you're impressed.

I was.

Want your own free month of advertising that's not really free because you have to buy a shirt? Then click on the sidebar and order one. I'm currently booked through December so January is open.

If you're bored with old school blogging try the more fun blogging platform, Tumblr. I've started a blog over there on all things standup and other bloggers like Web Savvy Mom, Juli Ryan and Aunt Becky are over there too. It takes seconds to start your own and it's so idiot proof you can make your own template, change colors, load videos and pictures and just about anything else in no time at all. And the best thing about it? NO COMMENTS REQUIRED. And no one puts up long-ass posts about growing heirloom tomatoes or their vacation with pirates in Somalia, although I might actually read that.

The internet world has moved on. Again.

End of chat.

15 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. David has taken the Teeshirters to a new level. He's going to be a tough act to follow.

    Thanks for mentioning my tumblr. (I think?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. -->I'm impressed with the image. I need to step up my game for the t-shirt picture.

    Tumblr is a giant bulletin board of crap and I like it.

    ~deb
    www.websavvymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I was going to get a t-shirt, but who can top that pic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn. I was just going to tell you all about my heirloom tomatoes!
    I'm steering clear of Somalia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob sounds like a truly inspirational blogger...along the lines of ratemypoo.com and that small Pomeranian down the street who also apparently couldn't figure out how to buy his own domain name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That drawing is so perfect. And I can totally see you using tumblr well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:06 AM

    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. It's like you're always a step ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:56 PM

    Thank you for your kind words Suzy, Yes, I AM indeed extremely popular, I am very big in Malta. The refined and stylish citizens of Malta have no idea who David Hasselhoff is but they all know me, David McGrievey.
    Why is Moooooog35 talking about someone named Rob and Rate My Poo? I thought this post was supposed to be all about me.
    You can all go Twitter yourselves senseless on Tumblr, I am off to Malta to dance under the stars.
    They know how to treat an old fashioned blogger there.
    Much love,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to apologize for my post this morning. It was meant as a joke, as a way to get you to check out my site. Do not know if you bothered. If you had I explained that I posted only to blogs I thought were excellent, and to people who might be able to take a joke. Obviously the joke was not funny. But I do think your blog is excellent. I do apologize. I think I am much funnier than I am. And you are coorect I am an asshole.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Idiot proof??/

    Should I try?

    I will...you got me on twitter, and I love it.

    So, gotta do it.

    This guy's illustration here is beautiful.

    Do you have the original to frame?

    I love it.

    Off to Tumblr and how do you always know this stuff?

    What did you want to be, other than a comic?

    ReplyDelete
  12. A post about a vacation with Somalian pirates is one that I might actually read. Better yet, maybe I'll write it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in love. Does he like married women? Who love Ben and Jerry's and are HORMONAL???



    give him my number.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel like I have to have a really good idea for a tumblr blog, and so far I can't come up with one.

    Too much pressure (I kid. sort of).

    ReplyDelete