Sunday, February 25, 2007

Waiting For The Oscars To Start

This photo is taken from the balcony of my apartment. It's the Good Year blimp taking pictures of the Kodak Theater that are then transmitted around the world. It's about ten minutes from me. Only today it's about a fourteen and a half hour ride away because of gridlock. This time last year I was in Bombay, India watching the Oscars from my hospital room. By this same time next year I hope I will have remembered to set the camera in scenery mode before I snap away. Now I'm just too lazy to redo them and Joan and Melissa are up in six minutes. Priorities.
This is the view from the back of our building. Bougainvillea in bloom up and down the street and the Hollywood sign higher up in the hills. Flowers bloom all year round in Southern California. It's sunny and warm, 59 degrees. Seriously people, when are you going to move here?

End of gloating chat.

1 comment:

  1. Those flowers are pretty. Isn't 59 a little chilly for where you are? Of course it is only 30 here and I think it is warm.

    ReplyDelete