Thursday, April 12, 2012

Blog This - The Sitcom

Last night was the first table read for Jessica Bern's web series on First Run TV called Blog This. At a table read, the script is read out loud and changes are made, words are added, sentences are dropped. And even though the director wasn't there last night, most table reads include the director, who tells you what to do, or not do, and they usually 86 the piece of business that you thought was genius. Muttering under your breath is popular at table reads.

Here is Jess and Jeff, who plays her best friend on the show:


Here's the main cast. Maybe by the end of the shoot I'll remember everyone's name. But more likely than not I'll be calling everyone *darling* because it's the one Hollywood affectation that actually comes in handy when you're working with a big group of people. However, people will then yell at you and say, "YOU STILL DON'T KNOW MY NAME?" And then I'll say, "No darling, sorry."

Then I'll duck because a water bottle will probably be hurtling towards my head.

I play Nancy, the handyman. And I'm not saying handywoman because I still call flight attendants stewardesses. Yes, even the guy stewardesses.

Everyone in the cast is lovely and very funny and Jessica is the best audience in the world because she laughs at everyone and if you come up with a funnier line than she wrote? She'll use it.

We shoot this weekend and next weekend.

Stay tuned!

11 comments:

  1. So glad that I am not the only one who still says "stewardess." Really, I just can't give that up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. -->I read, "Yes, even the guy stewardesses" as gay stewardesses.
    You should just call them sky garçons.

    I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good lord I cannot wait to see episode one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize you were part of this! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waiting with bated breath.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see the series. I still say stewardess just to see them make a frowny face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you live in the Commonwealth, you can call your child "darling".

    Unless you have an American accent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Suzy: this makes me even more excited.

    Can't wait.

    Absolutely looking forward to this, so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stumbled upon your blog and how exciting!! This is really awesome . I'm very happy for you and can't wait to hear more about the show. Is there a link?

    ReplyDelete